Mothers’ Union is an organisation of over 3.6 million women and men living in over 78 countries who believe in the importance of families. As well as encouraging and supporting families and marriage, members work to reach out as God’s family to those who are isolated, in trouble, or in need of help.
Through fellowship, programmes, policy and prayer Mothers’ Union members around the world change lives and bring Christ’s hope.
Mothers Union Ireland is part of this worldwide fellowship.
Our aim and purpose is to demonstrate the Christian faith in action by the transformation of communities worldwide through the nurture of family in its many forms.
Mothers’ Union members do this by working towards five objectives:
- Supporting and promoting marriage
- Encouraging parents in their role to develop the faith of their children
- Maintaining a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
- Promoting conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children
- Helping those whose family life has met with adversity
The Mallow branch of the Mothers Union and Friends normally meet on the 3rd Tuesday of the month in St. James Hall, Mallow.
Officers for 2011
Branch Leader: Ruth Sherlock
Secretary: Vivian Wharton
Treasurer: Linda Deane
Prayer & Spirituality: Susan Buckley
Action & Outreach Rep: Diana Buckley
Marketing Rep: Jean Gardiner
Young Member: Diana Buckley